Colors of CeCe Caldwell Paints~ Wet and Dry
Not your usual paint here. What is the determining factor of almost all paint purchases " Color" Going back to the Wet Samples, I covered Kentucky Mint and Montana Sky Blue yesterday I wanted to add so you can see the actual Paint in Sample form, on my blog, as a comparison.I was sidetracked by the 100 degree temps yesterday, my brain not all here. To show you the comparisons of the two Blues: Montana Sky Blue and Maine Harbor Blue.
These are my samples. To the left is Montana Sky Blue, to the right is Maine Harbor Blue. The lime green you see is on the outside of the Maine Harbor Blue is my artistic finger prints from playing, it dried that way. The lime green is not a component of the Maine Harbor Blue ;) I added the quarter for all to gauge something WE all know - what it looks like.
Going back to the Wet Samples - to Dry finish
1. Kentucky Mint 2. Montana Sky Blue 3. Maine Harbor Blue 4. Georgia Clay 5. Kissimmee Orange
3. Maine Harbor Blue is Classic Cobalt Blue
If you are wanting to add dimension within a finished product, this color is an essential. It is a Primary Color for one. You can blend it, you can use it as a wash, you can mix it to add depth to another CeCe color. Or use it all by itself.
Shown mixed: 1. is Vintage White alone. 2. Maine Harbor Blue 3. Maine Harbor Blue with a streak of Vintage White 4. Maine Harbor Blue with a streak of Young Kansas Wheat
Maine Harbor Blue ~~Dry
4. Georgia Clay
Looks very deep orange terracotta wet. It is not the same once dry. It is of the orange family. It has a neutral base. It does not scream yellow or gold, nor rose or pink. Thinking of Terracotta, the clay pots we have all seen in stores. This is not the same color. It has a hue of copper, is a good way of explaining it. Muted Copper. The pottery shown as you can see this does not view as Clay Pot Orange but softer, more muted.
You can see the softness of natural clay
Georgia Clay ~~ Dry
As you see at the top, there are TWO Oranges - 4. Georgia Clay and 5. Kissimmee Orange ~ Compare
Two totally different Oranges. One Bright, One Muted :)
Kissimmee Orange is a love fest for me. Orange is my favorite color. It reminds me of true Orange Sherbet. You can see how easy it is to soften with a tad, a tiny tad of Vintage White, it becomes a Orange Cream
Moving on to more colors. I hope this helps others who are contemplating buying CeCe Paints. The Samples I have purchased, received well worth it. The Paint itself, a little goes a long way. Who could complain about that? Not me. Through Blogging these colors it is helping with my own issue of creating a color palette for my Abode. I have been the Paint Chip, Paint Collector for too long. Finally I feel I found my Paint :) A Paint that is so Risk Free - Imagine this, not your imagination it's here.
2 comments:
I like your new look!
Thank You ((( HUG))))
Post a Comment